Pacific Poker Review

Summary – Pacific Poker/888Poker.com

Pacific Poker/888Poker.com are especially well known for their loose and juicy Texas Hold ‘em and for low and medium stake tournaments. Their top quality software has fabulous customizable table views and some really useful notes and stats functions that you can use during the game.  Pacific Poker is part of the long-standing and hugely popular 888.com group of sites.

texas hold em

Pacific Poker Poker Play

Game Play

  • Pacific Poker offers five variations of Poker: Texas Hold’em, Omaha, Omaha Hi/Lo, 7 Card Stud and 7 Card Stud Hi/Lo.
  • No Limit Texas Hold’em
  • Pot Limit Texas Hold’em, Omaha Hi and Omaha Hi/Lo.
  • Multi-hand playing means you can play in up to six ring games and four tournaments simultaneously. And you can register to eight tournaments at any given time.
  • Table limits vary from a 1c lower limit to a $500 higher limit.

Poker Tournaments

  • Sit and go tournaments for up to 50 players. Play in up to 8 tournaments at a time.
  • Multi-table pre-scheduled tournaments. Play up to 2 tournaments at a time.
  • No Limit and Pot Limit Texas Hold’em Poker Tournaments are offered
  • Double or Nothing Tournaments – Sit & Go tables. Half the table doubles their money. The other half gets nothing!
  • Weekly $100,000 Deep Stack Challenge
  • $20,000 Guaranteed Tournament – guaranteed $20,000 prize pool – six days a week.
  • Pacific Poker hosts qualifiers for offline events including World Series of Poker (WSOP) and 888’s very own London Poker Circuit.

Ring Games

  • Texas Hold’em, Omaha Hi, Omaha Hi/Lo and Seven Card Stud Hi/Lo games start any time 24/7 when two or more players sit down at a table.
  • Progressive jackpots starting at $5k.

Rake

  • The rake is more favourable than the norm in low-limit games at Pacific Poker. If you’re playing a low stakes game (up to $20) the rake is at most 5%, and for stakes up to 25c the most they will take is 50c from the pot.
  • On the higher stakes games, the rake goes down to 1% for games with a $50 lower limit, up to a maximum of $5 depending on how many players are at the table.

Gaming Software & Website Features

Pacific Poker runs on their own 888.com software. It had a major upgrade in 2008 and includes these features:

  • Impressive graphics with 3-D avatars and customizable views of the cards and table
  • View instant replays to analyse the game
  • Save and view your own notes about the other players – visible at the table while you play
  • View your personal stats to analyse your game
  • download and non-download options
  • Language options: Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Latvian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish and Swedish

On the website you’ll also find

  • Interactive Poker School – shows you around the site, explains how the tournaments work and teaches the basics of poker play. There are also some useful tips for more experienced players.
  • Poker articles posted by players

Pacific Poker Bonuses & Promos

Exact promos vary so check out the latest, but when we looked they had all these regulars running, plus all sorts of specials such as free tournament entries for trying out the casino games:

New Player promos

  • 100% welcome bonus, worth up to $400. Unlike most sites, you get 25% of your welcome bonus instantly. The remaining 75% is available when you’ve played enough games.
  • First Depositors’ Freerolls – make your first deposit and you’ll get a free seat to seven daily $500 freerolls.
  • $100k First Depositors’ Challenge – make your first deposit and you get free entry to the weekly First Depositers tournament. The best players then get free access to the $100k Deep Stack Challenge tournament.

Ongoing promos

  • $1,000 Depositors Freeroll – deposit a minimum of $50 for free entry to the weekly $1,000 Depositors Freeroll
  • Frequent Player program – earn bonus money every time you play
  • Invite-a-friend – $50 bonus for every friend who opens an account and starts playing real poker. Your friend receives $25.

Management & Customer Services

  • Pacific Poker has been running since 2002.
  • They are owned and operated by Cassava Enterprises (Gibraltar) Ltd, which also runs 888.com Casino-on-Net and other 888.com sites.
  • 888 Holdings PLC is listed on the London Stock Exchange.
  • Licensed & Regulated by the Government of Gibraltar in the European Union
  • 24/7 customer service by telephone (toll free in the UK, Germany and Australia) and email

Money & Banking

  • The site runs in U.S. Dollars.
  • Deposits via  Bank Wire Transfer, Diners, Maestro, NETELLER, PayPal, Player to Player Fund Transfers, Solo, Visa, Visa Debit, Visa Electron, ACTeCASH, ClickandBuy, eCheck, Eurocard, InstaDebit, Laser, MasterCard, paysafecard and Ukash

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *